Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Week of the Plums

Plum Cobbler and Plum Scones

So... I bought a BAG of plum and I don't know what I was thinking. Who eats that many plums? Opps... I guess I have to get creative with them before they go to waste. So I made Plum Cobbler and Plum Scones. I have to say- the Cobbler was a HIT. Apple and Peach Cobblers are so overdone. Plum is where it's at people. 

Cut up 10 plums. Mix them in a bowl with 2 Tbsp of corn starch and 3/4 of sugar. (It's more of a natural sweetness you get from the plums than the sugar in this recipe.) Butter a baking dish and pour the fruit in.

Then mix together 1 cup of flour, 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon of salt,  a stick of cold butter (cut in cold chunks with a fork), 1/4 cup milk, and 1 egg. Mix it all together and pour on the top of the fruit. Bake on 350* for about 35 or 40 minutes. Brown that top people! It looks more beautiful that way!  

This is what she looks like going in to the oven. 


And this is what she looks like coming out!!!



GIVE ME A BITE!!!!!!!! 

I never knew what a big hit scones could be until I made these Plum Scones with a Black Tea Glaze. DELISH! Here's how to do it...

Sift 3.5c of flour and 2Tbsp baking powder. Mix 1/2c sugar, 1 stick of cold butter (cut in with a fork), and 1/4 c milk. Mix it all together and add the chopped plums. 

Mixture will be wet. Roll out on a large surface that you have floured. Cut into any shape you wish. I did a circle and then cut them in half. 


Place in 400* oven for about 15 minutes. YUMMMM!!!!!!



 Then when they're all cooled off. Make yourself a cup of tea to relax. Pretty much any tea will do. I used earl grey, but I have seen other recipes that use white teas. Just take a cup of powdered sugar and add a teaspoon of tea. Add more tea if you want a thinner consistency for the glaze.


ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment