Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

My First Go At Empanadas!!!

I am SO proud of how AMAZING my empanadas came out!!!!! But FIRST, I have a HUGE secret to confess. I did NOT make this dough. I bought it frozen in the grocery store and it's SO MUCH EASIER. It looks like I made them because of this picture, but it's because you have to roll them out just a little bit before you use them.

For the filling, I cooked ground beef and put it in the food processor with green spanish olives (stuffed with pimientos) and a little bit of tomato sauce that I had on hand. You can also add cayenne or crushed red pepper and other spices (like nutmeg, etc). But i went pretty basic on this filling and it was delish!!! But you can also go very nontraditional and fill it with chicken/turkey/ham and cheese. Anything you want! 


Just scoop the filling into the dough and fold it over!

I put a little bit of water along the edges. Then use a fork to crimp the edges on BOTH sides. 

THEN FRY THOSE BABIES UP!!!!!

YUMMMM!!! They came out so delicious!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment