Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Crab Cakes

Let me make this VERY clear... I basically measure NOTHING, except for when it comes to baking. In that case, you have to be careful because baking is more of a science. It is very unforgiving- once it's done, it's done and you can rarely fix it! So basically, I hate baking as a result. Anyway, this recipe is yet another example of me not measuring, but I TRY to give you potentially accurate measurements. Here is the recipe:

Mix together:
1lb crabmeat
1tsp salt
1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce 
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp of lemon juice
2 Tbsp parsley
2 eggs
1 tsp of old bay seasoning
2 cups of bread crumb (fresh, dried, panko, whatever)


SIDE NOTE: My favorite part of this recipe is usually saying the word Worcestershire. My husband and I differ in our pronunciation of words. If you know us, you know this is NOT uncommon. My husband is from NC and I am from NY. So I pronounce the word WUSTA-SHEAR, which I'm sure is wrong. haha. But I am sure that WOR-CHESTER-SHIRE is more wrong. Haha. jk. We always get a good laugh at that. Who know how to say that!


Mix all of these ingredients together. If you need it to stick better, put another egg or some water, or something to make it stick, but it should be ok. Add the bread crumb slowly to avoid that. You will know when they are ready because you can form patties out of them. I then sprinkle a little bit more salt on the outside of them along with a little bit more old bay seasoning. 




Then heat a skillet on medium heat and fry those bad boys up! 
Instead of Tartar Sauce, my husband like Remoulade Sauce instead. Here's the recipe I use:


1/3 mayo
1 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp dill
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp horseradish 
2 tbsp whole grain mustard
1/2 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp worcestershire sauce 
1 tsp paprika 
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
tabasco (optional)


The best thing you can do with a recipe is change it. I really mean that. Find a recipe you like, master it and then add your own twists on them. That's what makes your food better and more YOU. :) ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment