Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Next Best Way to Eat Pork

Second Favorite Way to Eat Pork

Growing up I never really cared for meat. I always ate it, but I didn't crave it. I am learning to like it more and Pork Tenderloin is DEFINITELY helping!!! I created a really flavorful new way to marinate my pork tenderloins. It doesn't look pretty at first, but I promise it rocks!

I started by roasting garlic. Roasted garlic is one of the most DELICIOUS things I can think of. Smearing it on some delicious bread just makes me nuts thinking about it. So amazing! So I roast garlic very simply. I cut the top off (as seen below) and I drizzle some EVOO on the top of it. Then I put the top back on. 


Wrap it all in foil and bake on 400 for about an hour. I know this sounds crazy, but if it doesn't smell sweet (instead of that strong, potent garlic flavor you normally get) then it's done. Look at it and it will look brownish and roasted. If you press on the side of one of the cloves, it should squish and basically come flying out. If not, then it's not ready. Put it back in for a few more minutes if that's the case!


Then I used that roasted garlic to put in my cilantro pesto to make a- ROASTED GARLIC CILANTRO PESTO! Basically use an pesto recipe and replace the usual basil with cilantro. (Olive oil, salt, pepper, cilantro, garlic. BLEND.) I must say I was inspired by this idea from one of my BEST FRIENDS- my brother-law Jonathan made an amazing cilantro pesto that he put on beef. It was honestly one of the best things I have EVER eaten. He is an amazing chef!


I slightly cooked some onions and spread them over the tenderloin and I massaged this marinade into the meat and let it sit for a while. The reason I cooked the onions a little bit is because usually when I cook a tenderloin with any onions the onions never come out cooked enough for me. I like my onions cooked!!



Then I just baked the tenderloin for about 20 minutes on 400. Cook until it reaches an inside temp between 140 and 160. I usually do about 150. I don't like it undercooked or overcooked... I LIKE IT JUST RIGHT!! :)

Eat and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment